If you’re looking for ways to save time and improve the health of your lawn, a lawn sprinkler is a great option! There are many different types of lawn sprinklers on the market, so it can be tricky to choose the right one. In this article, we will discuss the different types of lawn sprinklers and help you choose the best one for your needs. We’ll also provide tips on how to use your lawn sprinkler to get the best results!
Lawn sprinklers can come to your aid when it comes to time-saving. They also improve the health of your grass and make it as fresh as a daisy. If you get the best lawn sprinkler, it can give you the picture-perfect lawn you desire with its exemplary characteristic of covering your large ground and giving you a flawless result.
- This lawn sprinkler is perfect for big lawns as it can cover an area of up to 4500 sq. Ft. with the help of its 20 precision rubber nozzles. This product has two-way adjustability making it efficient and effective.
- It controls the area you need to water with its twin touch adjustment controls. It gives you the option of watering a small area like a flower bed or the entire lawn, depending on your need.
- Moreover, this water sprinkler is simple and easy to operate due to its infinity turbo drive. There are no technicalities that can make you think twice before buying it.
- This infinity turbo drive aids in sprinkling the water evenly all around the lawn. It also helps in increasing its life span.
- It comes with a quick-connect product adapter, which causes the product to connect and disconnect smoothly without causing any trouble.
Dimensions: 6.65 x 17.16 x 3.14 inches.
Weight: 1.5 pounds.
2. Orbit Brass Impact Sprinkler – Best for Large Lawns
- This water sprinkler gives you the best stability with its tripod base that can be stretched up to 48-inches depending on the length of your plants. This tripod base manufactured with metal makes the sprinkler safe and sturdy to use.
- You can adjust it according to the coverage you require. With its ability to move 360°, it can spray evenly throughout your lawn.
- This product has quite a range for water sprinkling, as it can throw water up to 90 meters in diameter that covers an approximate area of 6,360 square feet when set to move in a full circular motion.
- The tripod base is of high-quality brass capable of providing you water with the greatest pressure. It can resist the water pressure and give you an efficient result.
- The brass stand can also hold against strong weather conditions. So, you don’t have to worry about it getting rusty. Connecting this water sprinkler with your hose is an unchallenging and easy task. The gooseneck connection makes it facile and simple.
- This product’s incredible feature is its customizable settings that you can make according to what you need. You can change the distance of the spray by using the deflector shield and the diffuser screw. It makes the product extremely practical and user-oriented.
- It also has an anti-backsplash arm that increases its ability to spray the water harmoniously in the exact direction you want. Orbit 58308Z Brass Impact Sprinkler on Tripod Base is ideal for providing resistance against clogging. It is built with a flow-through design that makes it perfect for secondary water.
Dimensions: 15 x 9 x 8 inches.
Weight: 5 pounds.
Range: 80 PSI.
- This lawn sprinkler can spray water up to 85′ in diameter. The area that it can cover is 5600 square feet. So, this product can come to your aid if you have a large lawn to water!
- It is manufactured with a heavy-duty pulsating sprinkler that can spray the water efficiently throughout your lawn. The heavy metal base it has makes the sprinkler very safe and steady.
- The product’s head is also made with metal that allows it to be quite durable and long-lasting.
- Melnor Pulsating Sprinkler comes with a quick connect adapter making the product easier to connect and disconnect to your hose.
- This product is specially made to withstand extreme weather conditions with its rust-proof design.
Dimensions: 7.91 x 8.97 x 5.07 inches.
Weight: 1.41 pounds.
Power source: Manual.
Warranty: 7 years.
4. Melnor Oscillating Sprinkler – Best for Small lawn
- This water sprinkler gives you a smooth and uniform water flow as it has 15 precision nozzles that help it achieve this. So, your garden remains healthy through all seasons!
- This product is extremely user-friendly as it lets you adjust the spray to the range you want it to be. You can set it for a small area or a large one depending on your requirements.
- This product has a range covering an area of a maximum of 3000 square feet. This provides you with the ideal shower for a lush green lawn.
- It also comes with a quick-connect adapter allowing you to connect and disconnect as easily as possible. Your garden hose can be connected to this sprinkler very simply without causing you any trouble.
- This product is quite small and lightweight, thus very facile and unchallenging to carry and install.
Dimensions: 14.96 x 4.68 x 3.34 inches.
Weight: 14.39 Ounces.
Warranty: 3 years.
5. Melnor Pattern Turbo – Best Noise-Free Water Sprinkler
- Melnor comes with 6 different patterns of water spraying. You can either have a full spray, jet spray, flat spray, or a fan spray according to the weather conditions and your plants’ requirements.
- This water sprinkler is best for your small to medium areas, as it can cover up to 70′ ft. It can function perfectly in hard soil, too, as it has a strong and stable metal spike giving it the ideal balance it requires.
- Another amazing feature is the unit-to-unit connection that allows various connections simultaneously, so you can water as many places as you want.
- This also allows you to water your garden as discreetly as possible. With its turbo-drive rotary sprinkler, the device does not make any noise that could disturb your family or your neighbors.
- Connecting and disconnecting in a snap is another phenomenal feature this sprinkler has. It has a quick connect system for this.
Dimensions: 2.87 x 4.92 x 14.17 inches.
Weight: 1.2 pounds.
Power source: Manual.
6. Edenlawn & Garden – Best Leak Proof Water Sprinkler
- Adjusting the water sprinkler to control the area you need to cover can be done very simply when using this product, as it comes with an easy-to-use sliding tab.
- You will not have to fret over cleaning the sprinkler’s nozzles as it has its built-in cleaning tool. This oscillating sprinkler allows you to continuously adjust the water patterns according to what you need for your lawn.
- It can cover up to 3600 square feet of area. It is a durable product that lets you control the amount and position of the water spray.
- Despite the water pressure, it gives you a smooth and even throws of water with the help of its turbo drive. This makes the product quire reliable and safe to use.
- Eden 94113 Lawn & Garden Essential Oscillating Sprinkler comes with an extra-large base, giving it all the balance to be as steady as possible.
- It also comes with a twist-and-lock mechanism that prevents disconnection and a quick connect adapter allowing it to connect or disconnect with your garden hose easily.
- The water connector is specially manufactured to be leakproof, making the product advantageous and user-friendly.
Dimensions: 5.11 x 15.74 x 2.36 inches.
Weight: 1.3 pounds.
Pressure: 40 PSI.
7. Signature Garden Sprinkler – Best for durability
- This can cover an appreciable amount of area with 12 built-in nozzles and its rotating arms. It can spray water up to 3600 square feet giving you a flawless lawn.
- This Signature Garden Premium Lawn Sprinkler allows you to customize the area you want to spray. You can adjust it to 15-40 degrees upwards, stopping at the exact point you prefer.
- It can bear the water pressure of 80 PSI, spraying at a distance of 32.8 feet.
- It has metal weights in its structure, which provide it with the perfect balance. They also allow you to leave the sprinkler unattended for a while as it will not tip over and fall.
- It is one of the most durable products as it is corrosion and rust-free due to its thick ABS, high-quality material. It also comes with TPR compressed sides that increase its life span. So you have nothing to worry about while purchasing this water sprinkler.
- You can also connect multiple sprinklers simultaneously if you want to cover a larger area.
Spray nozzles: 12.
Pressure: 80 PSI.
Dimensions: 10.1 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches.
Weight: 1.82 pounds.
8. Melnor Traveling Sprinkler Best Self-propelled sprinkler
- This water sprinkler is constructed with the highest quality of heavy-duty cast iron that makes it last the longest of times. This product can be considered one of the most durable ones as compared to other competitive products.
- High-traction wheels that come with this product help it moves smoothly, even in sloppy areas.
- It provides your lawn with an even and unanimous water spray with its rotary spray.
- Moreover, it gives you various options for controlling the speed of the water. You can either make it high speed, low speed or set it at the neutral speed, depending on your requirement.
- It comes with spray arms that can alter between 15 to 50 feet according to the area you want the water sprinkler to cover.
- Melnor 4501 Traveling Sprinkler covers a vast area of 13,500 square feet. It is ideal for your big lawns.
- This product includes a self-propelled sprinkler that heeds the already present path of your garden hose, and it automatically stops watering when it is done. This characteristic makes this sprinkler extremely efficient and convenient for you!
Dimensions: 10 x 17.63 x 8 inches.
Weight: 18.04 pounds.
What Is the Most Effective Lawn Sprinkler?
It all depends on your lawn size and your requirements. If you prefer a lawn sprinkler that is light in weight and easy to use, one of the options presents is Melnor 65074-AMZ XT Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler.
This sprinkler is perfect for your lawn as it has many different characteristics making it stand out. This water sprinkler is simple and easy to operate due to its infinity turbo drive. Its infinity turbo drive aids in sprinkling the water evenly all around the lawn.
Another option for a large area is Melnor 4501 Traveling Sprinkler. This water sprinkler is made with a high-grade quality of heavy-duty cast iron that makes it last the longest of times. It can be considered one of the most durable products as compared to its competitive products.
Types Type of Lawn Sprinklers
These are the sprinklers that do not move around. They stay still in one place and water the area to which they are directed to. It gives water in a squared-off pattern. A stationary sprinkler that you can buy is Gilmour 1,225 sq. ft. 8-Pattern Stationary Sprinkler-50956HD.
This kind of sprinkler has lots of holes in its tube that spray the water once enough pressure is built. Due to the pressure built in the tube, it moves back and forth while watering your lawn. Although, it is not suitable for extremely high or low water pressure. It can function normally with medium and stable pressure.
Impact (or impulse) sprinklers
It works well with high water pressure as the water accumulates at the spray head, allowing the impact hammer to be pushed away so that the water can force its way out of it. The water bursts out of the pipe, which is not useful for small areas where you need a small coverage pattern.
Rotating (Or Rotary) Sprinklers
Rotary sprinklers come with many arms that are fixed to the spinning head of the sprinkler. It sprays water in a circular motion as it spins around. They work best for small lawns, and they can also be used with low water pressure as it gets low coverage pattern.
This is a new addition to the types of water sprinklers. It works with the help of high water pressure, as it proceeds because of it, and it moves in the pre-established way that is guided by the garden hose.
So, it keeps moving to water your lawn as long as the water pressure is maintained according to its needs. This kind of water sprinkler is best for big and vast lawns.
In-Ground Automatic Sprinkler Systems
If you want your water sprinkler to be fixed in one place and never be able to move it to a different place, these in-ground sprinklers are for you. They bury in your lawn and get out only when you need them to.
They water a specific area around them as they can’t move, so they are more useful for smaller lawns. Although you can use them for larger areas, you will have to buy more as one sprinkler will not be enough.
These smart sprinklers are attached to the electrical system of your pre-existing in-ground sprinklers. They use the same wiring as them. You can connect it to your smartphone and manage everything through it.
They have different features, including a smart hose faucet timer, a smart sprinkler timer, and another indoor use option. They also water your lawn according to the weather by using the sensors incorporated in them. These smart sprinklers are extremely handy and useful.
Factors to consider when buying a lawn sprinkler:
The Size of Your Lawn:
If your lawn is a big one, you will need a sprinkler to cover a big area. Melnor 4501 Traveling Sprinkle is a good option as it has a range of approximately 13,500 square feet.
You could also go for a sprinkler with the feature of connecting various sprinklers simultaneously, which then increases the area it can cover. Signature Garden Sprinkler of three-arm is one of the choices you have.
On the other hand, if your lawn is not big, you will require a product according to it. The Melnor Oscillating Sprinkler can cover an area of 3000 square feet.
How Far Is Your Water Source?
Your water source is also a factor that affects your decision to buy a lawn sprinkler. If it is far away from your lawn, you will need a sprinkler that has a long water pipe. You have to go for a sprinkler that has an extended hose, so it can easily cover the entire area of your lawn without causing you much trouble.
Do Your Garden Beds Need to Be Watered?
The flower beds on your lawn are the most fragile and delicate areas. They cannot withstand high pressure. You need to know if they require watering because if they do, you will have to buy a sprinkler that can work with low water pressure not to damage your plants.
As your grass can be watered with high and low pressure, it does not affect your decision to buy a sprinkler, but you need to make sure your garden beds need to be watered.
How Does A Sprinkler Conserve Water?
They come with a system in which the spray heads fog or mist, indicating the water’s pressure. If it is too high, it will tell you. This way, they conserve water and help you save it.
Another way of conserving water is by installing efficient nozzles that give water directly to your plants and help manage water wastage.
Lawn Sprinkler FAQs
What Is the Best Sprinkler for A Small Lawn?
Although small lawns are easier to manage, watering them can be difficult when you can’t find time on your busy schedule. So, coming to your aid, the best water sprinkler for small lawns is Melnor Sprinkler, which has a range of covering an area of a maximum of 3000 square feet.
This water sprinkler gives you a smooth and uniform water flow with 15 precision nozzles to achieve this perfection.
When Should I Use Lawn Sprinklers?
The best time to water your lawn is in the morning when the air is fresh. The time before 10 a.m. seems to be the ideal time. The wind and the surroundings are calm and peaceful.
It tends to give the grass more time to absorb the water into its roots. As the day starts, the water gets evaporated by the sun, and less water gets available to your lawn.
What Type of Sprinkler Is Most Efficient?
The most efficient type of water sprinkler available is the impact sprinkler. Impact sprinklers are great for big lawns having low-hanging trees. The water stream has a low angle, which makes it efficient for larger areas. A point to be noted is that impact sprinklers should not be used on flower beds or other fragile plants.
How Many Minutes Should You Water Your Lawn?
The ideal time you should water your lawn is for about 20 minutes, three times per week. The usual amount of water your lawn needs is about an inch per week which gives us this time of 20 minutes.
You can calculate this on your own by putting a container on your lawn and setting a timer. It will give your grass the perfect health and beauty.
What Is A Good Sprinkler Schedule?
Your sprinkler should water your grass for about 30-35 minutes two times per week. As the standard amount of water your lawn requires is 1-inch per week, you can divide it into two to three days, but you can increase it accordingly if the weather conditions are extremely hot.
There you have it. Now you know all you need to know about the lawn sprinklers and how to choose them. The best water sprinkler that can give you the lush green grass you always wanted is the Sign Garden Three-Arm Sprinkler. This can cover an appreciable amount of area with its 12 built-in nozzles and three rotating arms. It can spray water up to 3600 square feet giving you a flawless lawn. The great part is that it is the most durable product you can get.
The runner-up is Melnor Turbo Rotary Sprinkler. This has the turbo drive rotary sprinkler, which aids in not making any noise that could disturb your family or neighbors.
These best yard sprinklers will help you in achieving that picture-perfect lawn you always dreamed of!