Every year around eight thousand people die because of a deadly snake bite. Every continent on this Earth except Antarctica is full of snakes. No matter how careful a person may be, snakes can camouflage and hide as naturally as possible.
Despite all the detailed steps you take, a snake somehow manages to bite its victim. Usually, it’s the foot or the leg that is their ultimate target. Hence it is better to be safe than sorry.
Before we proceed, here are a few precautions you should take while you’re going into the woods or hunting. First off, avoid any such places where there is a high chance of snakes existing. Be very careful with your steps, they are available in a good range of colors. especially when you are walking through the grass and tall bushes.
It is better if you avoid bushes and stay on the track, but even though you are still going through them, use a long stick to scare away the snakes. They will attack the post first before attacking you so that you will be safe.
Never touch a snake, never try to handle it. Even if you think that the snake is dead, it’s better you still avoid touching it. If you see a snake, do not approach it or harass it, chances are more of a snake to bite you when you try to handle them or approach them. In case a snake bites you, stay calm. Do not try to suck the venom out, and do not put ice on it. Call for medical help straight away.
We have listed the top-notch and most recommended snake-proof boots by the hunters, hikers, and adventurers, which will prove both as a fashion statement for the ladies and a safe, comfortable shoe.
The Best Women’s Snake Proof Boots listed
1. Dublin Ladies Pinnacle Grain Boots
One of the most used recommended boots is the Dublin Pinnacle Grain Boots. They are fully functional and comfortable. Since it has a full leather shaft, snake bites will not be a problem. These Dublin boots come with a total lace adjustment so that you can adjust them accordingly. The best part is that they are waterproof and make a prominent fashion statement. Other features of these boots include:
- They come with a breathable lining of nylon, avoiding sweat and moisture in your feet.
- They are lightweight; hence it will be easy to walk with them.
- The outer sole is made of Touch Tec rubber.
- In case you have a larger calf, they are perfectly suitable for it.
- Comes with lace adjustment.
- Happen to be comfortable because of a double cushioning layer.
2. Rocky Waterproof Snake proof Hunting Boot
They are perfectly designed for hunting. These professional shoes ensure safety from snake bites and are comfortable as well. These are the best women’s waterproof, snake-proof boots with expert design and material.
These high-quality boots are readily available and affordable. With their 16-inch long snake protection, no snake can harm you. They offer the best protection and help keep your feet dry all the time by being waterproof. They also come with other exciting features, including:
- The Rocky Hunting Boots come with a rubber sole providing comfort to the person wearing them.
- If you measure the shaft of these boots, it’s approximately knee-high from the arch.
- They are made of Full-Grain Leather and Nylon.
- Highly Comfortable.
- They have a definite waterproof structure.
- To provide additional protection from wet feet, they have a Polyurethane outsole.
- Full-grain leather and nylon upper and calf
3. ARIAT Women’s Conquest Snake Boots
ARIAT designs top-quality boots with guaranteed performance and ultimate comfort. The Women’s Conquest Snake boots launched by ARIAT are finely stitched full-grain leather boots offering a hundred percent protection from snake bites. These boots will make you a fashion icon in the crowd. They are designed to be comfortable and flexible. The most distinguishing feature of these boots is that they are also barnyard acid-resistant. These boots provide strength, stability, and protection from snake bites and water.
- These boots come with ATS Pro technology to provide advanced stability and greater comfort.
- They are made of waterproof full-grain leather.
- These are durable, and can last for many years.
- They come with snakebite-resistant construction.
- ARIAT Women’s Boots have mesh lining.
- They also have a medial side zip.
- These also have a shock-absorbing EVA midsole.
- The sole is by Duratread, which provides maximum wear resistance and flexibility with a non-tracking tread design.
- Finely stitched full-grain leather.
- Duratread, flexible, barnyard acid-resistant outsole.
- Have the ATS technology.
4. Rocky Women’s Falls Waterproof Snake Boot Knee High
The Rocky Falls come with a Vibram gumline outsole, designed with high-quality full-grain leather. The 900 denier nylon upper is specially made for wildlife adventures where venomous snakes await their target. These are flexible and comfortable boots ensuring your complete safety from snake bites. They are easy to walk in and comfortable as well.
One distinguishing quality of these boots is that they have a USA-made talon zipper. This zipper is for you to get in and out of your boots quickly. Their unique styling is eye-catching, and the waterproof structure gives you the ultimate dry experience. Other features of these boots include:
- They are made up of 100% Leather.
- They are made up of rubber soles.
- The shaft of these boots measures about knee-high from the arch.
- They have a Vibram gumline outsole.
- They are highly waterproof.
- These boots have a unique design of a side zipper with Velcro closure.
- They have light and flexible cement construction.
- They provide 16 inches of snake-proof protection.
- The most noticeable feature of these boots is that they come with a whole New 1 Year Guaranteed Rocky Vapor Pass Waterproof Technology. This is the most superior dry experience anyone could get.
- These have a removable PU cushion footbed.
5. CyberDyer Snake Guard Leggings Waterproof Breathable Gaiters
Unique in their style, these Leggings Waterproof Gaiters are best to use on your hunting trips. They provide excellent prevention from mud, bushes, water, and all the dirt from entering your shoes. The best part is that they keep your feet warm when used in winter. They have been proven perfect for all kinds of rough and extreme terrains.
They let your feet breathe and let you walk easily through dense and muddy areas. They are strong water repellent. Their high leg size provides complete protection from snake bites. Some of the defining features of these boots are:
- They have a wide hook-and-loop, making it easier for the person to put them on and take them off. One can even wear them while they have their gloves on.
- They have metal lace buckles that never get affected by the weather. Even if your shoes are frozen, you can still tightly hook them.
- The TPU straps of these boots can withstand -30 degrees low temperatures.
- They have a three-layer composite waterproof fabric, both waterproof and breathable, keeping the feet waterproof and dry.
- The camouflage helps you hide better.
- The boots are made up of High-Quality Materials:
- These boots are ideal for all sorts of activities.
- They are lightweight and easy to carry.
- Thick, tear, and puncture-resistant.
- Oxford material.
- Strong water repellent.
- They are made of 600D oxford waterproof compound & Polyester fabric.
6. Chippewa Women’s Pull-On L23913 Snake Boot
If you are a female who loves hunting and adventures, these leather snake-proof boots from Chippewa are a perfect choice. Made up of a hundred percent leather, these will be your ultimate protector from the venomous snake with their 15-inch length. The classic design and the dark color tone with fabric overlay will make a perfect fashion statement.
They can be easily worn and fitted through the buckled straps on the vamp and shaft. The vamp is specifically designed with a V cut for ease in putting these shoes on. The fabric overlay at the shaft provides extra protection and style. The 15” shaft is ideal for women of smaller stature. Other features of these boots include:
- They are made of Oro Russet leather.
- The shank is made up of Triple Ribbed Steel.
- The outsole of these shoes is made of Vibram Robinson Gumlite.
- They are Abrasion Resistant.
- They are also Slip Resistant.
- They have non-tarnishable buckles.
- Have a tough fabric overlay.
- They are comprised of 4 Iron Rubber Midsole and 5 Iron Texon Insole.
7. TuffRider Lexington Waterproof Tall Country Boots
TuffRider Lexington Waterproof Tall Country Boots will protect you from all weather conditions. These are made of leather and are hundred percent waterproof. These boots come up with a drawstring closure and elastic gussets for a secure fit and superior functionality. The heavy-duty rubber sole will help you walk easily in wet conditions. These are stylish and safe for hunting and riding as well. Other features of TuffRider Lexington Waterproof Tall Country Boots include:
- These can be worn easily.
- They are stylish and practical.
- They can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
- They Come in chocolate and fawn shades.
- These are made up of real leather.
- They are waterproof.
- They have a Rubber Outsole and Memory Foam Insoles.
The Women’s Snake Proof Boots FAQ
Can a snake bite through waders?
A wader is waterproof overall. Waders usually extend from the foot to the thigh or higher up to a person’s neck. However, waders are also referred to as waterproof boots well. Mostly these are designed for fishers.
Waders are made up of vulcanized rubber, but they are also available in neoprene and Gore-Tex variants. People usually confuse waders with being snake-proof. However, this is not always the case as it varies, depending on the kind of wader someone is using. A wader’s purpose is to let the person wearing it walk through the water without getting drenched or getting a cold. They are designed explicitly for protection against snakes. A wader’s function is to keep the wearer warm and dry.
Overall, waders do not prevent you from a snake bite, but there are waders you can find after a lot of searching, specifically built to be snake-proof. In general, waders do not guarantee protection against a snake bite. However, you can purchase a wader and pair it with snake boots.
Hunters believe that waders are not safe and cannot rely on a snake’s bite protection. It is said that a snake can bite through an excellent-sized Eastern Diamondback since it puts a lot of weight behind its strike. Their hypodermic needle fangs can slip between the fabric and pierce through your skin.
To keep it simple, there are very few waders: snake-proof, and you have to search for them. Everyday waders are not snake-proof, and a snake CAN bite through it. If the wader’s box does not advertise that it is snake-proof, then you must not take the risk.
Do snakes strike above the knee?
People always wonder which part of the body snakes attacks the most or if they strike above the knee or not. It all depends on the size of the snake you are dealing with. It also depends on the size of the person the snake is aiming to bite as well. The relative positions are also brought under consideration.
In the cases where the victim was not trying to capture or kill the snake, the snake bite occurred below the knees of an adult, usually mid-calf or lower. If we look at the statics, most snake bites in the United States are on the hands and arms of a person, and about forty percent of those were cases where the victim was trying to capture the snake.
A large Eastern Diamondback or Timber Rattler has a high chance of striking above a child’s knee. It depends on the size and type of snake and the distance the snake has to strike. Larger snakes coil upright before striking, but smaller snakes don’t.
A considerably large rattlesnake has a high chance of striking upward of eight inches or even more. However, one can hear these snakes before they strike. The striking of a snake is a defense mechanism. If you step on a snake, it will turn around and bite below the knee. A snake will usually bite whatever is closest to it, affecting its body.
Do snake-proof boots work?
Snake-proof boots are designed for the very purpose of preventing a snake bite. They are constructed with such materials and manner to avoid a snake’s fangs from penetrating the boot’s material. It is true that in 90 percent of the cases, snake-proof boots work, and they do provide protection from the venomous snakes out there.
However, one must not put their full faith in the snake-proof boots as they are not a hundred percent effective at all times. Some of the snakes will still be able to penetrate the boot’s material. Even though this is the case, it does not mean that one must not wear snake-proof boots.
These boots are highly protective and practical, but they don’t happen to be effective in every case. This is precisely why we have searched and mentioned the best snake-proof boots available for your protection. Wearing evidence snake boots is an essential part of basic safety when entering a serpent-infested area.
If we speak generally, snake-proof boots are effective at preventing snakebites. Snakes have many species, and most of them are not strong enough to penetrate the thick material.
The manufacturers of the boots themselves cannot guarantee that their product will work 100% of the time. Still, it is mandatory to wear them for elementary safety.
What are the best snake-proof boots?
Snakes are the most frequently occurring species in the woods. They constitute a significant threat to anyone going through such areas. It also depends on where you live, considering no such continent in the world exists where snakes are not present, except Antarctica, of course.
Every year thousands of people fall victim to a snake bite. These snake bite also result in death as well. The only way to avoid a snake bite is to wear snake-proof boots and be careful. Avoiding snakes is not easy, especially when you go into the woods. In most cases, snakes are hidden from plain view due to their camouflage and their natural habitat.
Most snake bites occur before the victim even sees the snake and accidentally steps too close to it. When you go to places where there are snakes, the snakes believe that you are entering into their terrorism and harming them.
The only way to be safe is through proper protection and preparation. With some snake-proof boots, the most vulnerable parts of your body are covered. The thick material prevents fangs from penetrating the boot. The best evidence of snake boots are:
- LaCrosse Men’s Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot
- Rocky ProLight 16″ Snake Proof Boot
- Georgia Athens Snakeproof Boots
- Muck Boot Snake Hunting Shoes
- Chippewa Women’s 15” Pull-On L23913 Snake Boot
- Rocky Women’s Falls Waterproof Snake Boot Knee-High
- ARIAT Women’s Conquest Snake boots Waterproof Hunting Boot
- Rocky Waterproof Snake Proof Hunting Boot
How do you avoid snake bites while hiking?
It’s better to keep your guard up while you are in areas where there are snakes. The thing is that snakes don’t want to hurt you, they just feel threatened by you, and that is why they end up biting you. Humans are not their prey since they don’t eat humans.
The snake releases venom, which causes damage to the local tissue and bleeding in the body. Before a snake bites you, it’s more likely that you will hear it first. The best way to keep yourself safe from a snake bite is through the following tips:
You will probably first hear a snake before seeing it, so keeping those earbuds in your pocket might be a good idea. Here are some other ideas to consider:
- Keep your eyes and ears open.
- The most common bite locations are the feet and the hand. Avoid putting your hand at a place where you can’t see it
- Wear protective footwear and long pants.
- It’s better if you stay on the trail. Avoid grass and bushes.
- Use a walking stick.
- Look around before sitting down.
- Do not hike alone.
- Do not disturb the snakes.
- Never go barefoot.
- Do not touch or disturb a snake, even if it appears dead.
- Always look for concealed snakes before picking up rocks, sticks, or firewood
The world has this notion about females being weak and fragile, afraid of snakes and wildlife. This, in no way, is near the truth since there are so many female hunters and hikers out there making history, doing adventures, and exploring the world.
For every woman out there who has a spirit of adventure and hunting, there are gadgets specially made for them. Most likely, these snake-proof boots. Snakes have been the reason for the deaths of thousands of people out there since the beginning of time. They are a threat to human beings even though human beings are not their prey. Snakes bite humans as a defense mechanism. We humans do invade their territory while we are out on our hunting and exploring journeys.
Many females have not known the right way to protect themselves from a snake bite. This given article will prove to be a help for them when they are going on hunting or hiking. The utmost confusion that females have always faced is the kind of snake-proof boots to choose from.
Considering it’s their nature to have the perfect thing and look good in it simultaneously. It is precisely why we have explored and searched deep to find out the best matches for females. The snake-proof boots will prove to be stylish and provide a hundred percent safety from snake bites to them.
The most recommended and regarded ones are the Rocky Waterproof female boots and the Chippewa female boots. Both are super stylish, made up of high-quality material, and provide the utmost safety. It is recommended that women don’t solely depend on these boots for their safety and stay cautious. At the same time, they go on hunting as snakes can camouflage themselves.